I'm an engineer at heart with a strong focus on shipping high quality products. I continually improve my skills by experimenting, learning through failures, and working with awesome mentors and friends.
VerbalCare Cofounder & Product Lead 2011-2014
As one of the original founders of VerbalCare, I strive to improve the quality of patient care by empowering them to communicate with their care team and family members. Using a tablet by the patient’s bedside, they can remotely communicate their needs and conditions regardless of language barriers or physical limitations.
- Directed product strategy and development of VerbalCare. Personally built apps for Android and iOS tablets and smartphones and created a web portal for detailed analytics and administrative management of the entire system.
- Helped pitch our product to hospital executives and investors, which helped us raise a seed round.
- Solidified a strategic partnership with a large healthcare TV provider (PDi) and presented the product to over 20 of their distributors, establishing a relationship with the direct sales agents.
- Managed a 3-person development team and established Agile methodologies in order to coordinate and hit key deliverables, ultimately culminating in our launch at Franciscan Hospital for Children.
- Spearheaded implementation of our system by coordinating with nurses, patients, speech-language pathologists, and hospital IT staff to setup research initiatives, manage communication, and train personnel.
- Built a HIPAA compliant product hosted on Amazon Web Services in coordination with specialized healthcare IT consultants.
- VerbalCare was listed in BostInno’s 50 on Fire and won Boston’s Big Idea (by G2 Consulting Group), Fenway Fast Pitch Competition for $15,000, and the People’s Choice Award at Boston University’s Venture Competition.
HubSpot Software Engineer 2011-2013
I worked on the marketplace team in order to expand the HubSpot ecosystem and allow 3rd party companies, designers, and developers to provide services to HubSpot's 8000+ customers.
Owned several projects with my tech lead in a 2 person development team.
- Grew the marketplace to include 3 different services that generated over $8 million for our providers.
- Built a new service for templates and integrated it with HubSpot’s core content services
- Architected a statistics engine to track performance of the templates sold so that customers would be able to compare click rates of email templates, submission rates of landing pages, etc.
- Created marketplace promotions in coordination with HubSpot’s marketing team that resulted in the highest lead generation numbers in HubSpot history.
- Developed and owned 2 marketplace applications in my spare time that were downloaded by over 700 customers. (8.75% of the entire HubSpot customer base)
BUILD Mentor (2013-2015)
As a BUILD mentor, I assist high school students at Charlestown High School to keep motivated and stay in school with the goal of graduating to a 4 year college. BUILD keeps at-risk high school students engaged through entrepreneurship. The students create businesses, seek investment, and manufactures and sell products at BUILD events. Mentors guide students throughout their high school careers and help with their businesses.
NAAAP Entrepreneurship Committee (2013-2015)
As a member of NAAAP’s entrepreneurship committee, I help plan events in Boston to showcase Asian American businesses and entrepreneurs. We organized a speaker series with founders such as Crashylytic’s Wayne Chang and Flour’s Joanne Chang. We’ve also organized a 200+ person business festival in Dewey Square during the summer that featured local businesses.
Boston Tech Meetup, BU 1st Annual Hackathon, Children’s Hospital 2nd Annual Hackathon, HULT Business Competition Judge
Boston University College of Engineering (Bachelor of Science Computer Engineering and minor in Computer Science) Magna Cum Laude
Thayer Academy (High School) - Cum Laude